NOTE about Promotions – I am willing to consider doing a one-off Promo piece for £20 or a 30 day advert for £50 but only if your game is one that I would personally play. Drop me a note if interested.
Welcome if you are a board gamer or curious about them!
Boardgaming is simply loads of fun! I started out primarily as a board wargamer due to my interest in military history but have branched out to Eurogames which has broadened my horizons and brought me in contact with terrific friends.
I’ve started this blog to give a view of board gaming here in the UK or “Blighty”.
Blighty – a slang term for Great Britain used by British troops serving abroad
I hope to provide a variety of things here:
- Primarily, Board Game news updates, particularly regarding UK designed and published games as well as Kickstarter projects
- NOTE – I have written short reviews, the kind I prefer to read. I don’t do detailed, in-depth analysis, going through every inch of a game, spoiling your own voyage of discovery. I don’t do strategy articles. Nice, concise overviews of what you get, my experience and feelings about my experience is what I do. If you want long boring analysis, go get a pillow and look on boardgamegeek. If you don’t like that I keep it concise, well, er…, tough.
- NOTE – I have personally stopped writing reviews but I am open to UK based reviewers wishing to review games and have them published here. Drop me a note if you are interested
- Links to UK based shops selling great boardgames
- Links to information about boardgame conventions accessible to UK boardgamers
- Links to great resources about boardgames including THE DADDY – Boardgamegeek!
Boardgames in Blighty is a proud member of the UK Gaming Media Network