2013 – What are you most looking forward to in gaming?
A new year so I thought I’d ask my Twitter, Facebook and Google+ gaming friends what they were most looking forward to in gaming during 2013…
For me, I want to play more of the games I own more often and devote more time to my favourite genre, war gaming. Also, of course, becoming an officially published game designer with the publication of Ace of Spies and working on a couple of new games including Wrestling Dice and a game on the French Resistance during WW2.
From Twitter –
– Not buying anymore games. No seriously, I can’t wait to properly play through my collection and play them in depth.
– Arrival of an exciting new game called Ace_of_Spies! (I admit I don’t game that much, but really looking forward to it.)
– Two new Feld games and hopefully a game I designed
– Ace of Spies coming out
From Facebook –
– I made a BGG GeekList for this exact purpose: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/151542/my-must-play-games-of-2013-geeklist
– We hosted a weekend of board gaming out of our church fellowship hall last October where we played a total of 24 hours across three days. It was our first time and we raised a total of $2142, which was well past our goal for our first year of $1000. We learned a lot and are looking forward to making this year’s weekend even more successful. We’re hoping to get more industry support, coordinate with other podcasts and blogs, and encourage gamers from out of town to come and game with us to help sick kids and their families (we can get a great deal on rates at a hotel not far from our trip).
Our two year old daughter had a life saving cranial facial surgery at Riley Children’s Hospital when she was just over a year old. We owe a strong debt of gratitude to Riley and are looking forward to continuing our support of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals with more Extra Life board game charity fund raisers in the years to come.
– Blood Bowl Team Manager expansion.